We offer 2 ways to charge late fees in Spraye: Manually & Automatically.
No matter which method you choose, you will need to set up your late fees in your "Settings" first.
Getting Started with Late Fees
- Navigate to your "Settings" screen by hovering over your name in the top right corner of the screen and then clicking on "Settings"
- Scroll down to your late fee settings just below the invoice settings.
- If you would like to ONLY apply late fees manually, you will need to set your late fee amount (either dollar amount or % of the invoice) AND set your "Days past before late fee is added" setting to "0".
- If you would like the system to apply your late fees automatically, then you will set the "Days past before late fee is added" to the amount of days you would like to transpire after an invoice is sent (or marked sent) before that late fee is added. You can also instruct the system to add the late fee every month until the invoice is paid in full by turning that slider to "On".
- Next, you can turn on or off the automated late fee message that gets sent out when a late fee is added to an invoice. If turned on, the email will go out each time a late fee is added. Otherwise, your customers will not be notified.