Spraye allows you to apply discounts and coupons that you desire to your customer's accounts and/or invoices. These can be in the form of a set dollar amount or you can also use a percentage off. Our system also gives you the ability to use a coupon code for tracking purposes.
2 Types of Coupons & Discounts
1. Permanent: These discounts or coupons only need to be applied to the customer's account once, and then they will be automatically applied to all current unpaid and future invoices for that customer until that discount is removed from the customer's account.
2. One-time use: These discounts or coupons will only be applied one-time to that customer's existing unpaid invoices. These can also be applied directly to a specific invoice or service.
Set Up Your Company-Wide Coupons & Discounts
1. On your Company Settings page, scroll down until you see a section called "Coupons" towards the bottom of the page that looks like the screenshot below.
2. Next, click Add Coupon to add your first coupon. You will need to give it a name in the "Coupon Code" field, then define the amount of the % off or the dollar amount that should be taken off. Please be sure to choose the appropriate coupon type based on your needs. Permanent coupons will be applied to all existing unpaid invoices as well as any future invoices once it is applied to a specific customer. You may also optionally set an expiration date if you want a specific discount or coupon code to end at a specific time.
Apply a Coupon or Discount to a Customer Account
1. Navigate to the Customer account. Click on the "Profile" tab for that customer. Scroll down to the coupon section on their profile and you will see two fields for the permanent and one-time coupons as seen in the screenshot below.
2. Select the coupon you wish to apply from the dropdown menu and check the box next to the ones you want to apply. These will be the coupons you created in the previous step.
Apply a Coupon or Discount to a Specific Service
1. If you wish to only apply a coupon or discount to a specific service and not all services for a customer, then you would click on the "Services" tab on the customer screen and select the services from the list that you wish to discount. Once you check the box next to the service(s), then click Apply Coupon which will allow you to select which coupon you want to apply.
Apply a Coupon or Discount to an Invoice
1. If you wish to only apply a coupon or discount to an existing invoice, then you would click on that invoice and select the desired discount from the list in the discount section. Once you choose that discount, then click Submit to apply the discount.
Apply a Coupon or Discount to an Estimate
1. If you wish to only apply a coupon or discount to an estimate, then you would click on that estimate and select the desired discount from the list in the discount section. Once you choose that discount, then click Submit to apply the discount. This discount will be applied across all of the services on that estimate.
In the event that you apply a fixed $ amount discount, that discount would be split between all service. For instance, if you apply a $50 discount to an estimate with 5 services, each service will have a $10 discount. Alternatively, if you apply a % off discount, then each of the services will have a discount with that % off.
- Coupons and discounts will show on the customer invoice as separate line items with the coupon code.
- Discounts are calculated before sales tax.
- Discounts are applied AFTER any price overrides are applied.