Our customizable pricing settings allow your business to customize the way you charge for your services. Spraye can accommodate basic pricing methods such as a simple price per square foot calculation or more complex pricing models that take into account one or more of the following factors:
- Lawn size/cost per 1,000 sq.ft.
- Base fee + cost per 1,000 sq.ft. (set at service level) - also referred to as a Stop Fee or a Flat Fee
- Discounts or coupons for specific services, customers, or invoices
- Price multipliers based on yard difficulty level (set at the property level)
- Ability to set a minimum cost per service
You can also choose to override the price for any service for any customer anytime you'd like if there is a special situation where you want to do things differently.
How To Configure Your Pricing Settings
1. Go to the "Settings" page for Global Settings (hover over your name in the top right corner to access Settings). Then scroll down to the very bottom of the page where you will see a section for "SERVICE FEES" and "DIFFICULTY LEVEL PRICE MULTIPLIERS".
This is where you will configure your company-wide settings at the global level that will be applied to each service by default. However, you can still change any of the settings manually on the service screen if there are some services you don't want to use the default settings for.
2. You will need to fill in your desired amounts for each the following fields on the “Settings” page (just leave blank if you do not want to charge a base fee or minimum service fee):
Base Fee (this is a surcharge that you start with that gets added to the price per 1,000 sq.ft.)
How to calculate base fee: Base Fee = minimum fee - ((max size for min fee/1000)*price per 1000)
Minimum Service Fee (if the cost of service is an amount below this amount, then this minimum fee will be charged for the service)
Set the multiplier for each difficulty level: you will need to define the % markup for each of the levels (Level 1 - no markup, Level 2 & 3 - you can enter a % amount to markup).
Level 1 will automatically use your standard pricing.
For Levels 2 and 3, please enter the multiplier you'd like to use for per square ft. invoice price. For example, if you enter 1.5, this means you would charge 1.5 times your normal rate. Or if you enter 2.0, you would charge 2 times your normal rate for those properties marked as a "Level 2" property. -- NOTE: This multiplier only applies to the price per 1,000 sq. ft. It does not apply to any base fee, minimum fee or price override.
Note that you could have both a base fee and a minimum fee at the same time or you could also have neither one.
The Base Fee and Minimum Service Fee are able to be overridden on an individual Service screen (when adding/editing a service) which would override the global settings any time that service is assigned.
You can set the difficulty level for a specific property by navigating to that Property from the Properties screen and choose the level from the drop-down field (you can choose Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 difficulty level.)